Monday 28 January 2008

Victorian LEGOpunk Adventurers Meet Cthulhu.

I introduce today's missive with five words that, I am sure, have never appeared together before. My very own hapax legomenon, if you will.

And with that subtle pun, I segue into a most fascinating picture in honour of the fiftieth birthday of LEGO bricks.



Using today's vernacular, I ask you: could that scene be any more full of win? I argue that it could not.

The original picture is from here.


Now, if you will excuse me, I'm off to see if I can find a surplus LEGO set that contains a TARDIS, a dirigible, and skeletons.


Regards,


Kate Nicholas, FRS

1 comment:

Eva Bellambi said...

ZOMG Kate! (using the vernacular)

Thanks for sharing this; the link to the original photo has a raft load of photos and a story to tell. Very very cool!

Now I need to go swipe my nephew's Lego sets and play. :-)